There you are friend! Welcome to The Warming House!
I’m Lisa Button! First up, let me tell you how important relationships are to me. I crave authentic relationships with people who are brave enough to be honest about the “poop” in their lives. If we can’t be real with each other, there’s no way we can help each other struggle to live out authentic faith in a really confusing world. To stand firm.
Every human being has value so I’m a shameless advocate for the “outcast,” suffering, and forgotten. You’ll see that clearly in my upcoming book about pursuing a lifestyle of authentic compassion.
The most important people in my life are my three children and their daddy. Although we can sometimes drive each other crazy, we love fiercely and are deeply committed to one another. (You can see my beautiful family in that big photo above.)
My husband and I have been known to take risks and chase God-sized dreams. When God leads us to do something, we simply follow. What an adventure it’s been!
When you come here, I want to give you things to think about that make you stronger and point you to our God who is real and trustworthy . . . a loving God who builds authentic faith and patiently helps us live out that faith in every part of our lives.
I will feed you truth to anchor your life to as you maneuver through all the junk in our culture – and in your life. I want you to know there’s someone who believes in you when you’re worn down and make mistakes . . . or when you’ve lost hope.
I also want you to know I believe wholeheartedly that God is good. You see, I’ve been damaged, broken, made horrific mistakes, and experienced heart-wrenching regret. At times, I’ve been really frustrated with my conduct. I have questioned God, doubted God, and been angry with God. With all my junk, he’s been incredibly patient, compassionate, and forgiving. He has healed my heart wounds and earned my trust.
Because of what he’s done in my life, I’m all in . . . sold out to Jesus . . . undone by his goodness. Totally and completely. The moment I went all in, the quality of my life drastically improved.
That’s what I want for you. My hope and dream is that you will encounter God in this place in a way that dramatically impacts the quality of your life and moves you closer to fullness of life.
Bottom line, The Warming House is a place for anyone who’s hungry . . . starving . . . for something real. Something they can grab onto that won’t fail, or disappoint, or betray. Something that will last.
While you’re here, will you take a chance and open your heart wide to an “all-in” faith and the love of a majestic and merciful God?
If you’re new here, I would love for you to stick around and make yourself at home. You can subscribe by email so you don’t miss a thing!
Check my blog’s archives for a list of every post I have written or use the search button to find posts that feed your interests.
Getting to Know Lisa (Extra Details If You’re Interested)
Through the years, God has allowed me to join him in his work through the local church as:
- Director of Sending Ministries (Missions)
- Director of Children’s Ministries
- Speaker/teacher at Saturday night worship service
- Inspirational Speaker & Author (See my speaker page)
- Bible Study Teacher
- Recommended as a candidate for pastoring school in our denomination
10 Facts About Me:
- Growing up in a very dysfunctional home, I always dreamed of having a family of my own who I could love and give the kind of life I didn’t have. God has fulfilled that heart longing with a husband of almost 25 years, a daughter, and two sons. I am so grateful for my family!
- My husband got me out of my “homebody” life and exposed me to the world. I’ve preached in a Russian church and stood in the mist at the bottom of Victoria Falls. Other adventures have taken me to Israel, Mozambique, Zambia, South Africa, Uganda, Russia, London, Mexico, Italy, Switzerland, Hawaii, and Alaska – in missions and for fun.
(Paragliding in Interlaken, Switzerland)
- Received an award for my work in missions
- Ministering to college students just rocks my world! I’ve been privileged to love on lots of college students through Kanakuk Kamps, Discipleship Focus, and the Kanakuk Institute (LOVE it!!)
- My husband and I attended and graduated (2012) from the Kanakuk Institute – a program that provides extensive Biblical training and equipping. (A great adventure and one of the sweetest years of our lives!)
- I consider my greatest ministry of all to be my “domestic” ministry here at home! Two of my children have graduated from college, and the other is in high school. It’s been a wonderful ride!
- Favorite Musical: Les Miserables
- Favorite scripture verses: Psalm 63:1-8, Proverbs 3:5-6, Isaiah 41:9-10
I Am Currently
- Getting ready to publish a book about authentic Christian compassion
- Getting back into public speaking
- Developing a family ranch with my husband (Sycamore Creek Family Ranch)
Here’s How You Can Contact Me
Check It Out
Very little of what you read on Christian internet blogs lines up with Biblical truth. It is extremely important to me to make sure that everything I teach or say on this site (in reference to God) lines up with what He says. However, I am not perfect. Although I have studied at great length, I will never know all there is to know so PLEASE check what I say against scripture. Thanks!
Thanks for letting me share a little about myself. Now I’d like to learn a little about you. Would you please participate in my brief 10-question survey? Thanks!